4.09.2009

you wish you were kim.

kim is the most regular recipient of my cooking. we have fallen into a ritual where she comes in my room on saturday mornings and we watch tv shows on my computer and then i make breakfast. my mother is visiting this weekend and we are off work today, so today was like saturday to us.

i was in the mood for breakfast tacos. i wanted them enough to go to the grocery store and buy jalapenos and monterey jack cheese. we only had burrito-size tortillas at home so they soon became breakfast burritos.

key parts to this breakfast:
1. eggs scrambled with garlic, onion, jalapeno, and spinach.
2. roasted potatoes with oregano, salt, and pepper. ( i boiled them first so the process would move along faster.)
3. black beans with garlic and red pepper.

we put all of the above in the tortilla (heated over the burner, never in the microwave) with much salsa and shredded cheese.

oh my. everything i ever wanted.
you know you wish were kim. you want it, too.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I drooled on the keyboard a little. Sounds utterly delish. I want, I want!

the blakester said...

how did they compare to my breakfast tacos?

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...