6.10.2008

lunch for kids.


since i have been home for lunch this last week, i've realized that my favorite lunches are reminiscent of the lunches i ate as a kid. my mother was a super lunch-maker. there was the year of (i think) 4th grade when she made me shishkabobs almost every day. obviously, these weren't grilled with lamb and put in my lunch bag, but a straw with cheese and vegetables on it. (i was gearing up for my conversion to vegetarianism, it seems.) but they were so good. and she often wrote me a note. she's really so good at being a mom.

i love grilled cheese sandwiches. with tomato. but they can be pretty unhealthy. so this one has the cheese and the tomato but no butter with which to grill it. i put it in the pan and flipped it over and over on medium heat and the cheese melted and it was tasty.

of course i ate it with chips. and some cherries and carrots. all favorites.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you like your school lunches! and you're a great daughter.

Elanna said...

lately, my grilled cheese sandwiches are toasted bread and then melting the cheese under the broiler at home or in the toaster oven at work. Always with tomato, and i have been spreading avocado on the bread before adding the cheese....its quite tasty.

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...