2. the smart choices program has been suspended!
3. i read other people's food blogs, too:
- smitten kitchen-- clean and lovely. and delicious. you will want to be in her kitchen all of the time.
- simply breakfast-- it's a bit like mine, but admittedly only about breakfast. and has super photography. it's really beautiful.
- happy lady eats-- kitschy, with lots of products.
- clara's kitchen-- clara is 94 and cooks meals from the depression and shows it to us on youtube. her own series. she's adorable, even if her cooking tools are always misplaced.
5. there's a crisis on the dairy farms. consumer demand is down and the dairy farmers need a market to sell their goods. today, they explained this to the senate agricultural committee, who will apparently consider fixing the milk pricing system in the next farm bill.
6. the photograph is of the teeniest fingerling potatoes ever; i got them at the carroll gardens farmers' market. these are not even the smallest of the bunch; the runts were long gone when i took the photograph.