lady and the tramp. first of all, that is ridiculous and second, i did not have the proper noodles in my house. then, she suggested vodka sauce and i didn't have any vodka and so she said arriabiata. i had no idea what she was talking about, but, as she explained, it's the spicy red sauce.
when winging it,
1. cook the pasta.
2. pour a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a pot and throw a pile of crushed red pepper into it with garlic (i used 3 cloves but i like everything garlicky) and half of a finely chopped red onion.
3. i also threw in a chopped mushroom but that's up to you.
4. when it's all soft and smells good, add a can of diced tomatoes and a few dollops of tomato paste. (i was using what was already open in my fridge for this recipe.)
5. add a bit of red wine vinegar and let it all marinate for a bit.
6. in the end, i added some oregano and more pepper.
7. top with grated parmesan. everything is even better with cheese.
and there was a little salad of spinach, radish, and yellow bell pepper.