the nytimes is doing a series called "toxic waters."
the topics of note:
- agricultural run-off is the biggest source of water pollution. yes, e. coli. and more.
- more pollution since the clean water act. few companies in trouble.
- herbicides and atrazine and the question of chemicals in growing crops.
- people in AMERICA that cannot drink the drinking water because it is so dangerous.
- an interactive feature to find out who is polluting your water.
we hate the word "moist." i certainly do and michelle does, too. so there.
good did an entire issue on water. maybe i mentioned this before? it is pretty impressive.
and, yes that IS a glacier in iceland in that photo. thanks for asking.