i found the recipe in a box of recipes--tons of pieces of paper clipped from magazines, sent to me by tina and lindsey, a disorganized mess of potentially great meals.
orrechiette with pecorino, peas, and leeks
1. cook 1 pound of orrechiette (those are the ones that are shaped like ears, but obviously you can use whatever shape you like).
2. slice 2 leeks thinly. the light parts. saute in 2 tbsp of olive oil, with salt and pepper.
3. add approximately 10 oz. of frozen peas, defrosted. cook for 5 more minutes or so.
4. add in 3/4 cup of cream (yes, i said it: cream!) and 1 cup of grated pecorino (or parmesan). cook for another few minutes.
5. salt and pepper to taste.
6. mix the sauce with the pasta. top with a little chopped parsley and more pecorino.
kids, it's good. really good. and serves 5. i don't cook with leeks enough. they rock.